• Line supply or battery operated
• 5mA output current provides fast charging and testing of capacitive loads
• Measurement range to 15 TΩ (5-kV models) and 35 TΩ (10-kV models)
• CAT IV 600 V rating
• Automatic insulation resistance tests (IR)
• Automatic dielectric absorption ratio (DAR), polarization index (PI), step voltage (SV), and dielectric discharge (DD) tests
• RS232 or USB download of results
• On board memory for results storage
The new S1 Series of 5-kV and 10-kV insulation resistance testers are designed specifically to assist the user with the testing and maintenance of high voltage equipment. Each instrument’s control panel is designed in a landscape style which is more familiar and user friendly.
CAT IV 600 V safety rating allows for safe use in the widest range of applications. The instruments drive 5mA of short circuit current which allows for faster charging and testing of large capacitive and inductive loads.
The measurement ranges have been increased significantly for both units. The S1-552/2 and S1-554/2 measurement range has been expanded to 15 TΩ. The S1-1052/2 and S1-1054/2 offer an increased measurement range to 35 TΩ in order to provide trending values for the best of insulating materials used on the higher capitalized equipment.
The S1-552/2 and S1-554/2 offer variable test voltages of 50V to 1kV in 10 V steps and 1kV to 5kV in 25V steps. The S1-1052/2 and S1-1054/2 offer 50V to 1kV in 10 V step and, 1kV to 10kV in 25 V steps.
A large, easy-to-read backlit LCD makes them equally suitable for use in both bright sunlight and poorly lit environments. Information displayed includes resistance, voltage, leakage current, capacitance, battery status and time constant. In addition, the elapsed time is displayed constantly, removing the need for separate timers. They also allow up to 3 timed measurement positions to be set, which simplifies DAR testing.
Documents (all documents are in PDF format and will open in a new window)
|Data Sheet||Test lead information|